Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wow... presents...

Gwen was just relaxing on her bed, reading her book. She ever so tired of reading ALL about CAT, which she was allergic to. :( "I'M BORED! And sad, because no one appreciated me yesterday on my birthday..." Gwen mumbled.
"Ah....." Gwen sighed as she closed her book.
"Hey Gwen!" I said. Gwen turned in my direction, and she pushed the book off her bed.
"What?" she asked.
"Whoa... A BOOK!" Gwen said in awe.
A simple guide to Happiness, by Peter Pauper. (I got it at Barnes and Noble)
"WAIT! I'm not done yet!" I explained. Gwen was in the middle of her chapter. "WHAT???" She yelled.
Gwen gasped as her eyes landed on the bright red box all AG dolls knew all too well.
"Whoa... It's, it's..." Gwen stuttered.
"REBBECCA!!!" She screamed. She had been BEGGING for a Rebbecca doll for months!
"And to prove it, here's the back of the box..." I trailed off.
"Now scoot in closer to the box... and hold it like, yeah. Good!" I said as I snapped the shutter.
Gwen picked up the box lid, and she held it.
I tried to catch the action, but she was too fast, and the picture got kind of blurry.
She threw it on the floor, while hyperventilating.
"EEK!!! IT REALLY IS HER! And look! Her book is JUST my size!!! "
Gwen held the book in awe.
She had slowly reached into the box, and she silently, slowly, and carefully wrapped her fingers around the doll in the red coat. She held her up to the light.
"She's perfect." She whispered after a silence louder than any crowd.
"Thank you, Miranda! She's JUST the doll I wanted!" :)
Gwen got her book, her doll, and the doll's book, and she sat for a picture.
The doll. Isn't she gorgeous? Just a few words of advice: don't take off her red coat, don't brush her hair, and don't pull on her limbs, because they are attached just like an 18 inch AG doll! :)
~Miranda and Gwen(from Miranda's point of view.)

2 comments:

Phoebe said...

Happy Birthday cousin Gwen!!! Congratulations on getting Rebecca! Maybe we could have a mini doll playdate sometimes, I have Mini Josefina.
~Your Cousin Dodo (and Phoebe who isn't your cousin)

Leanna said...

Gwen's new mini Rebecca is so cute! And the book, "A Simple Guide to Happiness" sound so cool! :)

~Leanna