Thursday, April 7, 2011

Funeral. :'(

Yes. Willow and I went to our dad's funeral today. It was terrible, because we were the only two people there other than the funeral guy. :( It seems as though our dad didn't have any real friends. :( But, I'll just say what happened from where Willow left off at her estate! :D ... Willow was standing there, twirling around with glee. I stared at her thoughtfully, because I know how much she loved her house. She fell on her back with a soft thud, and she stared at the ceiling. "I'm so joyous to be home! It feels amazing after being crammed in that unkempt library for two days!" Willow sighed as she stared at the ceiling. I walked over to her and pulled her up. "Ooh! I must show you my bedroom!" Willow yelled as she grabbed my hand and dragged me up three flights of stairs to a set of French Doors. I gasped. Her room had classical maroon walls - which were lined with bookshelves - and a HUGE circular bed with maroon sheets and a sky blue silk comforter. There was a magnificent maroon pillow with ruffles on it, where a dog was laying on. "HENRY!" Willow gasped, and she ran over to the Labrador and hugged him. He licked her all over, and she giggled. I've never heard Willow giggle before. "I haven't seen you since we came inside! I knew you went in behind us!" Willow said as she nuzzled Henry's nose. Henry turned towards me and growled. "Henry, this is my twin sister Lanie. She's visiting us, okay?" Henry apparently knew what a visitor was, and his face lit up. He jumped on me, and I fell over. He tongue was licking me all over. Willow looked really happy, too. "Oh! You see those books all over my wall? Well, I have WAY more in my library! Come on!" Willow beamed, and she grabbed my hand and I ran with her to this mahogany door in the shape of an arch. It had amazing carvings on it, and they looked all scrolly and cool. :) She opened the door, and my breath was taken away. There were SO many books in there, it was much like his library in the movie Beauty and the Beast! :O It was easy to tell that she LOVED books! The best part is, they were all hers! D: Wow... ~LATER~ I was just laying on Willow's bed, listening to my ipod, while Willow was happily reading Pride and Prejudice on her window seat. She was WAY more lively here than when she visited us! I just hope it was because she was happy to be home. One of the servants called us downstairs because it was time to go to the funeral. :'( Wilow and I trudged downstairs, and we walked over to the limo awaiting us. It had a black leather interior, and tinted windows. Much like any other limo! I glanced at Willow, who was weeping silently. She seemed to be very upset. I, too, was disturbed, because I am half of the person that died. :( ~FUNERAL~ We pulled up to this empty looking cemetery with only three chairs set up. One chair had my name, the other had Willow's name, and the third one said, "My dearest wife". Tears came to my eyes, and I realized that my mom was supposed to come, too. I wonder why she didn't come? The preachy guy started talking, and I almost fell asleep. It was B. O. R. I. N. G. Willow sharply nudged my elbow, and I woke up. She walked up there, and when she was just about to start her prepared speech, a few people came in. One of them I recognized. She had hazel eyes and curly blond hair. I knew who she was. "Mom? You CAME?!" I said, bewildered. She took one look at me, and her face lit up. Her teary eyes met with mine, and I stood up and ran to her. I gave her a big hug, because I hadn't sen her since last March. Her gaze fell upon Willow, and she smiled weakly. Willow didn't know this person. At all. My mom walked over to her, and she opened her mouth to speak. "Willow?" Willow was very shocked. "Mom?" Willow's eyes were welling with tears, and so were mom's. They embraced. "Why are you here?" I asked. "I JUST got this letter in the mail saying my husband has died, and I came over here to be at the funeral. I wanted to meet my daughter, and to see my sweet Lanie again!" She said in between breaths. It seems as if she ran over here. The other person came forward, and he said that he worked with my dad before Willow and I were born. The final person said that she was his boss thirteen years ago. The preachy dude got out two more chairs, and my mom sat down in between Willow and I in her reserved seat. The other two people pulled out chairs and sat behind us. ~AFTERWARDS~ Willow, mom, and I went back to the estate, and Willow began packing her things. For real this time. My mom had got out some cardboard boxes, and Willow began packing her things. When she tried to pack her books, mom grabbed them out of her hands. "Willow, you can't take any books with you. There won't be room, and I have a surprise for you!" Mom said. Willow looked pissed off every time. Willow DID sneak in her Jane Austen books, and dad's favourite books. I packed up most of Willow's bedroom, and she continued packing up her clothes, chucking the ones she hadn't worn in a long time(from when she was younger, and anything that didn't fit) into a garbage bag. Willow was really sad when she packed up. When mom got out a pet carrier, Willow wouldn't let Henry go in it. "NO! Henry is a live animal, and I will NOT to let him be put into that not box!" She would always say. So, Willow is VERY bust right now, and so are mom and I. We probably won't post for another week or three... :( ~Lanie Pine

1 comment:

Lilac said...

Sorry:(You should write your own book.