Sunday, April 3, 2011

Meh.

Yes, I'm well aware that I'm being a pessimist and quite rude, but my life is in turmoil! My father has cancer, my "room mates" won't shut up, and my twin is trying to 'help' me! I know I may have judged a book by it's cover when I said I hate America, but my life had completely changed in twenty four hours! Of COURSE I was in a terrible mood! I was in a strange place, with strange books, and strange people, and two out of the three of those things were bad! But, on the bright side, there were some books that I assume were college books(my reading level,) so I've enjoyed those. So far, I know that it's about a guy who is rejected from society who is transported to another dimension! It's quite interesting, but it's a hard read. Even for ME! D: Well, I have kind of STARTED to open up a little, because Lanie FINALLY realized that I'm absorbed in books, so she took me to this AMAZING book store called Barnes and Noble! It even has a coffee shop called Starbucks in it! I LOVE it! I bought at least forty nine new books there, and they are quite fantastic so far! I don't really care that I spent a good six hundred pound- DOLLARS, for my dad is a millionaire, and I have a debit card with over two hundred thousand pounds. I must comment, though, it is quite difficult to convert pounds to dollars so suddenly. Well, Lanie and I also went to the woods together. She kept on trying to play on the trees and such, but I had to remind her that trees are living, and she could kill them. So, she then tried to collect leaves for a journal, but I just took out my mechanical camera and took lovely photographs of them. It was quite spectacular, but my rambunctious twin will take some serious getting used to... Although America is a LITTLE better than I thought it would be, I still greatly miss my estate in England. My maroon pillow, my window seat, my books, even my dog! Yes, I had a dog, but pets aren't allowed on airplanes, in the seats, that is! I couldn't bare to leave my dear Labrador with the other animals in the back! So, I left him at home to be cared for by my servants. I still enjoy being in the library and away from those culture-less misfits in the other room... Did you know that the one with short brown hair and blue eyes is Anorexic? I figured it out because she's been getting sick more and her weight is visually dropping... I'm worrying over her, but really! What IS it with this need to be thin? In the books I've read about England in modern day, the girls don't worry about being over weight! They worry about being TOO thin! Seriously, what IS it with these American fads? But, then again, I wouldn't know any real English girls my age, other than this Elizabeth girl here. But she's not a reliable source, because she's from 1774. Ah, overall, I still like England MUCH more than here! I mean, really! The air is much fresher in England, anyway! ~Willow

1 comment:

Leanna said...

LOL, I LOVE Barnes and Nobles too! Especially buying a Double Chocolate & Cream from the Starbucks and sitting down with a good book. It's like my all time favorite store! Well, except for the AG Place.

~Leanna