Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Leaving.

As you read yesterday, my father has died. :'( So, in order to leave/go to his funeral, Lanie and I have packed up our things again. I heard Lanie sobbing in her room today, and I asked her what it was about. She told me that she was just trying to be optimistic around me so I would feel welcome here. That's why she bounded away so quickly after I told her dad died. She ran to her room and sobbed. So, Lanie and I have packed up the things we will need for the next few months. I, however, am only taking one extra outfit, because I will be home soon. My dear Labrador will be waiting for me at home, and I can OFFICIALLY pack up ALL my things! :( I am quite upset, though, because I was so sure that my father what get better, and I would stay at home in England. I have no friends here, because I didn't talk to anyone at school yesterday. I persuaded Kirsten to let me home school myself, because I have already learned all the stuff in seventh grade through high school(except for math, but it's high school level) She DID tell me that I would have to join a club, though. :( Lanie and I formed a botany club(because I LOVE science, almost as much as reading!), but I haven't invited anyone yet. These other girls at my house want to join, but I strongly dislike half of them, so I didn't let them in. :) Well, I'll tell you of how things went today... I threw my favorite outfit into my lavender suitcase. Tears were streaming down my cheeks. I stormed outside, and I stared at the sky. I cursed out the 'holy one' in the heavens, and I ran back inside. I curled up into my fetal position on my bed, and I laid my head on my knees. I sobbed until my face was warm and damp. Lanie walked into my room, her face was also red and damp, like mine was. She sat on my bed next to me. "So, have you finished packing yet?" "Yes. Have you?" I managed. "Yep. Are you ready to leave... for England?" She choked out in between breaths. "Yes..." I trailed off. Kirsten drove us to the airport, and So... Na.. Li ? told me good bye. I gave her a really mean glare that said, "shut up. If you don't, I'll hit you, you freak." Lanie and I stepped out of the van, with the rest of the girl's faces sticking out the window and waving us farewell. Lanie ran over to the car again and gave her(I think,) best friend Lily one last hug and good bye. I, however, did not care about the sad fate of the rest of the girls, them wishing they could have said one last good bye to me. I didn't know most of them, so I didn't care. Lanie and I walked hurriedly over to terminal nine, after our bags were checked. Our plane left in half an hour, and I could NOT afford the guilt if I missed father's funeral! "First class now boarding, first class now boarding." The lady at the desk in terminal nine spoke. Lanie and I ran over to the line. We bumped into each other and fell over, but we got back up. Our tickets were scanned, when It hit me. I had left ALL my books with those creeps that I just left! D: I nudged Lanie, and I whispered to her my huge mistake. She looked worried, then she told me to shrug it off. I was coming back in a few months, and I could always buy more books. I gave her an evil glare, but she just looked away. We boarded the plane, and I was relieved for once that I was sitting next to a stranger! Lanie was on the other side of her, though, so she begged her to switch seats with her. The women agreed. I grunted in disgust. I decided to gaze out my window. The wonderful forest that was within my view without my glasses(barely withing my view!) was magnificent! I soon fell asleep, but I awoke with a start when Lanie nudged me. "We're in England!" She beamed. I rubbed my eyes and put on my brown glasses, and I saw it was true. There was the rest of London, a silhouette in the distance. My face lit up. I was home! We walked out of the terminal, and I raced to the man holding the sign with our names on it. I grabbed Lanie's hand, but I dragged her over there. We walked with the man, until we reached a limousine. We steppe in, and he took our luggage in the back. We had just gotten almost sick of gazing at the English countryside, when we pulled up to my estate. My Labrador, Henry, was waiting there for me. He bounded over to the limousine, scratching at the doors. I stepped out, and he licked me all over. When Lanie stepped out, he growled at her, and then he began to sniff her. We stepped inside, and I twirled around with my luggge in the entry way. I was home. ~Willow Clarice Pine

No comments: